Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vista, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, beaches, and safari tours. Legoland California, Carlsbad Premium Outlets, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Vista
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 26.1 mi (41.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vista
Legoland California, Carlsbad Premium Outlets, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. You'll also find Palomar College and Mission San Luis Rey Church in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Vista. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott San Diego Vista - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Motel 6 Vista - This 2-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Vista
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Vista gets about 12.52 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 45°F