Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights around the area include Legoland California, La Jolla Cove, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Encinitas Community Park and Swamis Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Legoland California and La Jolla Cove.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Encinitas-Cardiff Beach Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Cardiff by the Sea Lodge - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Carlsbad Premium Outlets, located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of the city, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park, which is 16.5 mi/26.5 km away.
Dressing for Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea gets about 0.35 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F