Bring your horses, bikes, 4-wheelers, or snowmobiles to the 'Diamond K Bunkhouse,' a 2-bed, 1-bath vacation rental in Hermosa. Boasting gorgeous views and access to South Dakota's most acclaimed outdoor areas, this handicap accessible home is perfect for those seeking seclusion and adventure! Stay where the snow’s minimal - enough to be pretty - and play in the Northern Hills where the snow’s deeper. Head to Custer State Park for seasonal recreation or 1 hour to Sturgis for the Motorcycle Rally!
-- THE PROPERTY --
* This property is maintained by a professionally managed cleaning staff to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness *
* The Sundance Cabin can be rented along with nearby facilities for horse accommodations, for an additional fee *
Bedroom 1 (Top Hand): Queen Bed | Bedroom 2 (Ramrod): King Bed | Bunk Room: Twin Bunk Bed | Additional Sleeping: Single Raised Air Mattress, Queen Raised Air Mattress, Rollaway Bed
As you arrive at this horse-friendly home, you'll fall in love with the lush 5-acre property. With beautiful rock walls, lots of trees, 2 large box stalls, and 3 pastures, both you and your horse will feel right at home.
Finish nights in the brand new 94" x 94" hot tub. Sheltered in a gazebo with screening, privacy curtains, and a winter cover for the entire structure, you'll be able to utilize this fantastic amenity no matter the season! If you're a dog lover, this home will play host to new litters of puppies throughout the fall.
When you need a break from the sun, retreat into the 10-year-old home and watch whitetail and mule deer, wild turkeys, rabbits, and coyotes that often visit the yard. From the comfort of the great room, with Fiber Optic Internet for all WiFi and streaming, a leather sectional with 3 reclining chairs and a reclining chaise lounge, your group can enjoy your Netflix favorites on the 55-inch, satellite TV with streaming.
The well-equipped kitchen has everything you'll need. No matter what you choose to prepare, the two-burner cook top and small convection oven, hot plates, large island, toaster oven, dishwasher, large side-by-side freezer and refrigerator with ice cube maker and water dispenser, and other countertops appliances will make the cooking process fun and easy.
Once you've finished your feast at the picnic table, rinse off the day in the handicap accessible bathroom complete with grab bars, a hand-held shower head and overhead shower rain head, elongated handicapped height toilet, with available handrails and hands-free flushing.
An additional handicap-friendly amenity is the handicapped recliner/lift chair with heat and vibration, that can lift a person into a standing position - found in the Top Hand bedroom. There is also a handicapped walker available on the premises.
Not quite ready for bed? Spend some time on the patio, complete with outdoor lighting, and relax under the star-speckled sky. Whether you choose to gather around the fire pit with the homeowners, learn how to rope a roping dummy, or simply play with the purebred Welsh Corgis that live on the property, you're sure to make memories that you'll cherish forever.
Both of the home's bedrooms offer satellite TVs and 3-zone, double-chambered air beds, making it easy to customize your sleeping experience. If you're looking for an added level of personalization, claim the home's electric, adjustable queen bed with variable vibration and an under-bed night light.
*NOTE: The owner lives on site, in the top 2 units, with some shared outdoor amenities*
-- THE LOCATION --
Located 5 miles from Custer State Park, this property is an outdoorsman's paradise. As you hike, fish, ride horseback, snowmobile, four-wheel drive or hunt in this beautiful wilderness, you're sure to see Buffalo, Elk, Antelope, Mountain Goats, and Big Horn Sheep. Be sure to visit during the last Friday in September to attend the world-renowned Buffalo Roundup - one of the largest tour bus destinations in the country!
Motorcycle enthusiasts can bring along their bike and drive just about an hour to attend the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, held annually around the first week of August. This property boasts lots of land for you to park your bike and it even has an area where you can clean them!
South Dakota's most famous landmarks, Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial, are located just 12 miles down the road. Not only are these attractions beautiful, but they offer a unique look into the history of the area.
Starting to crave the city? Take a short 20-mile trip to Rapid City and experience all of the delicious restaurants and fun family attractions that this quaint city has to offer.
Rodeo, the state sport of South Dakota, is something all visitors of the area should experience. With several rodeos in the area such as the Black Hills Stock Show & Rodeo, Days of 76 Rodeo in Deadwood, Black Hills Roundup Rodeo in Belle Fourche, and Crazy Horse Rodeo, the fun never stops! Reach out to the property owners for some rodeo tips - they are a seasoned rodeo family!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve makes it easy to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen w/ dishwasher, two-burner cook top, small convection oven, 3 satellite TVs, a fire pit, gas grill, outdoor swing, furnished patio, horse stables, Fiber Optic Internet for all WiFi and streaming, in-unit laundry machines (front load Samsung steam washer and dryer), alarm clocks with USB ports, in-floor heating, central air conditioning, linens/linens, picnic table and umbrella, gas grill, camp fire pit, 94" x 94" hot tub, sheltered gazebo w/ winter cover, six port USB hub, USPS and UPS shipping on site
- Suitability amenities: handicap chair with heat and vibration, handicapped walker, handicapped accessible bathroom; electric recliner that stands people up; electric queen bed, wheel chair, walker, and adjustable aluminum crutches
- First aid kits made by the homeowners, that can be used for horses as well as companion animals, manufactured on-site by EquiMedics USA and PetMedic
- Driveway parking for up to 4 vehicles, with additional parking for motorcycles, boats, campers, snowmobiles, RVs, etc available in the pasture!
- Closest Commercial Airport (30 miles)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed. The property is a breeding facility, so this rule is strictly enforced
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Please observe quiet hours after 10:00 pm
- NOTE: The homeowner lives on site, in the top 2 units, with some shared outdoor amenities
- NOTE: The homeowners raise pure-bred Welsh Corgis so dogs may be present during your stay
- NOTE: Horses are permitted on the property for an additional fee
- NOTE: The property is not suitable for children under 6; there are hazardous, tall rock walls on the property. Call owner for exceptions
- NOTE: The Sundance Cabin can be rented along with nearby facilities for horse accommodations, for an additional fee