When reviewing properties I like to give the good, the not so good, and suggestions. The property worked well for our event and provided exactly the space that we needed. We had relatives from out of state all staying together and were able to have our local relatives out for a mid day meal and visit. Please take my opinions in the spirit they were given. They are not meant to sway you one way or another, just my personal opinions and everyone has different needs and preferences. I know when renting a house I like to have the reality as seen by other renters to ensure I know what to expect when I arrive.
- Pictures were representative of what we got
- The land was spacious and gave us room to spread out.
- the heated bathroom floors were great
- Owner was very responsive when we had questions or issues during our stay
The Not so good
- the refrigerator and freezer were so full of food (some even half eaten) that we had no place to put the food we came with until we got rid of what was there.
- lawn crew showed up before 6am and were there the entire day including being up next to the house several times and even hosing down patio we were going to use.
- two of the beds had dog hair on or in them and we had to change sheets before sleeping in one of the beds.
- took awhile to figure out Wi-Fi because received an email about it with password but that did not work and finally found note card sitting near fireplace with different information
Things that are personal preferences to me and could be fine with others.
- when renting a home I prefer to not personal items out such as used product's in the shower, shoes in the master closet, and such. I don't like to feel that it is someone's personal home they just vacated for the weekend so I could rent it.
- I prefer not to have face to face contact with owners during my stay but again that is personal to me and may not be an issue for others. I would prefer a text to check on our stay if needed.
- Curtains over slider in master so not woken up with the sun comes up right into your eyes
- explain in email with passcode for house how to actual get into house as I spent awhile trying to find a way in before calling. If the passcode is for the door inside the garage then give out code to get into the garage also.
I would like to end with a thank you for the owners for renting their home out for others to enjoy.