Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ruskin, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and live music. Salvador Dali Museum, The Pier, and Museum of Fine Arts are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 516 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tampa
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPF-Peter O. Knight), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruskin
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include E.G. Simmons Regional Park and Camp Bayou Nature Preserve. Additionally, in the area you'll find Salvador Dali Museum and The Pier.
In Ruskin, you'll find 64 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Harborside Suites at Little Harbor - With a stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Pirate's Pointe Fishing Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this cottage. With a stay at this 3-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Inn at Little Harbor - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a private beach, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and central location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Museum of Fine Arts, 11.9 mi/19.2 km from the city center, and Sunken Gardens, which is 12.7 mi/20.5 km away.
Dressing for Ruskin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- About 1.89 inches of rain falls on Ruskin each year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F