The location of this hostel is amazing. I really liked that there was a kitchen, common areas, and restaurant right outside. The staff were very friendly, and they put on a Thursday Pub Crawl which was fun. The bunk beds were very sturdy, and I couldn’t feel the person moving around above me. The wristbands that open the doors and security drawer are a nice touch (although a little finicky).
This was my first Hostel experience, and I would have rated it a bit higher before I stayed at a 2nd Hostel in a different city & country immediately after this place.
For the cons:
- Very little about this place looked like it was updated in a while. Such as flat cushions on the furniture in the common area.
- The rooms were very hot throughout the night (no A/C), even if your fan is working.
- The male bathrooms have a lot to be desired, such as no space at the sink (think airplane bathroom sink, but porcelain) to put anything and only hooks in the one shower stall.
- A couple of the pull out locker drawers barricade anyone from entering the room due to the layout on the beds.
- People mostly kept to themselves. Beyond the one bar crawl event.
For context, I’m a solo male traveler who stayed on the top floor in a 6-person dorm. I think this would have been a better Hostel experience if I wasn’t traveling solo, and I was traveling here in the spring or fall when the rooms wouldn’t need A/C. Highly recommended during the cooler months for the location.