Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sandestin, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses, and shopping. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Silver Sands Premium Outlets, Destin Commons, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park.
- There are 294 hotels and other accommodations in Sandestin
- The closest major airport is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 15.3 mi (24.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandestin
Silver Sands Premium Outlets, Destin Commons, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park in the area.
In Sandestin, you'll be able to select from 294 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Embarc Sandestin - This 3-star condo resort features a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin Grand Boulevard - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Beachfront at Sandestin - This 3.5-star condo resort features a marina, 4 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Sandestin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Sandestin gets about 62.36 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F