Families will find kid-friendly activities in Shakopee, and visitors give high marks for the festivals. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos, shopping, and live music. Around the area, top sights include Mall of America, Basilica of Saint Mary, and Minnehaha Park.
- You'll find 541 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Minneapolis - St. Paul
- The closest major airport is in Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shakopee
Favorite places to visit in the city include Canterbury Park, Valleyfair Amusement Park, and Raceway Park. In the area, you'll also find Mall of America and Basilica of Saint Mary.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Shakopee. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis SW - Shakopee - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis Shakopee - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Shakopee Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Minnehaha Park, 19 mi/30.5 km from the city center, and Target Center, which is 19.6 mi (31.5 km) away.
Dressing for Shakopee
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 8°F at night
- About 30.83 inches of rain falls on Shakopee each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F