Visiting Prior Lake
Visitors to Prior Lake are sure to enjoy the casinos, lakeside setting, and restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its live music and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Mall of America and Minnehaha Park.
- You'll find 541 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Minneapolis - St. Paul
- The closest major airport is in Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Prior Lake
Golfing is a top activity, and Meadows Course at Mystic Lake is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Mystic Lake to your agenda.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Mystic Lake Casino Hotel - This 3.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mall of America, located 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city center, and Minnehaha Park, which is 17.4 mi/28 km away.
Dressing for Prior Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 8°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Prior Lake is 30.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F