Rent at your own risk! Here are just a few examples of the problems with this property:
- no heat in the bedroom (yes, you read that right)
- a wall-mounted heating and air conditioning unit (in the kitchen) that was set to 86°, but could not begin to heat even the kitchen, much less the adjacent bedroom which has no heat at all
- non-functional smoke detector hanging from the ceiling by the wires
- blinds on the bedroom windows facing the street that will not fully close
- the property is located in an incredibly sketchy, rundown neighborhood
- multiple pieces of furniture that are either broken or damaged
- broken ceiling fan
- dirty pillows (with leaves and dirt on them) and partially made bed
- fridge, freezer, and washing machine that were not properly cleaned after the last guest
- property manager is abrasive and unconcerned about the problems with the property. So much so, that they told me after repeatedly reaching out to them and asking them to call me, that I needed to contact VRBO customer service rather than ask them for help
- I took pictures of all of the above and sent them to the property manager, yet they continued to tell me that the property had been cleaned but that they would send the cleaning crew out again to provide additional cleaning. I explained to them that the majority of the problems had nothing to do with cleaning and that a cleaning crew could not resolve them but they completely ignored the facts and told me to call VRBO.
This is definitely one of the cheapest, most poorly done "remodeling" jobs I've ever seen; much of which does not even meet code. I strongly discourage anyone from renting this property regardless of the price!
★ Delightful 1BR Studio + Kitchen - Downtown SGF ★
A verified traveler stayed at ★ Delightful 1BR Studio + Kitchen - Downtown SGF ★
Posted 2 days ago