Visiting Falls Church
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Falls Church, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beautiful waterfalls, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, museums, and churches. Around the area, top sights include Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, and Jefferson Memorial.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Falls Church
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Falls Church
The city is known for its live music, museums, and festivals, along with cultural venues like State Theatre. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Eden Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Falls Church Episcopal and Cherry Hill Historic House and Farm.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Falls Church. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church - I-495 at Rt. 50 - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Falls Church - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Arlington National Cemetery, located 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the city center, and Lincoln Memorial, which is 7.1 mi/11.5 km away.
Getting Around Falls Church
Make your way to West Falls Church Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Falls Church
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 44.49 inches of rain falls on Falls Church each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F