Visiting Squaw Valley
Visitors can enjoy all that Squaw Valley has to offer including the parks and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and rural setting.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Squaw Valley
- The closest major airport is in Fresno, CA (FAT-Fresno Yosemite Intl.), 29 mi (46.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Visalia, CA (VIS-Visalia Municipal), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Squaw Valley
Places to visit in the larger region include Pine Flat Lake, North Grove Loop Trail, and Big Stump Trail. In the area, you'll also find General Grant Tree and Kings Canyon National Park Big Stump Entrance.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Branded Calf B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Squaw Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Squaw Valley gets about 10.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F