BEAUTIFUL beach and location but AWFUL hotel
Posted Sep 11, 2016
- Start by I arrived to the hotel and no one bothered to get my bags, I had to ask.
- On room arrival, there appeared to be what were several blood stains on the carpet. After reporting it, they said it was aloe after it dries (turns from green to dark red/brown), still skeptical about that but regardless, how is it possible it wasn't washed or cleaned PRIOR to having a new guest arrive? And they wouldn't change my room.
- The 'daily' filled minibar was half-full when I got my room and still had half-empty-open sodas from the previous guest (gross).
- A.C. would NOT go below 23 degrees in the HOT Caribbean and staff said they couldn't do anything about it.
- I ordered the '24 hour room service' which turned out to be grand choice of ONLY 5 POOR snacks, I got two salmon bagels with cream cheese on the side, chopped lettuce, no dressing, a sliced week-old lime and did I mention the bagels were TINY (joke)?
- Ordered a glass of champagne, which the butler dropped and broke, partially cleaned it up, I say partially because the next day I stepped on a remaining piece of glass and the day after that on another! Not only the butler but maid did NOT properly clean room.
- The food was 'ok' at best with low variety, with the exception of 'Krystal' which ONLY took 26 guests and required reservations.
- Several staff just looked miserable.
- Tours got cancelled not because of weather.
- The ONLY plus is the beautiful beach/location (GORGEOUS) and the infinity pool.