Visiting Sea Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Sea Island has to offer including the seaside, bars, and golf courses. A top sight in the area is Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
- You'll find 579 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sea Island
Places to visit in the larger region include Sea Palms Resort Golf Course, Christ Church, Frederica, and Fort Frederica National Monument. You'll also find Mildred Huie Museum at Mediterranean House and Bloody Marsh Battle Site in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sea Island, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 376 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Cloister is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city's heart. This hotel in Sea Island features a restaurant, a health club, and a bar.
- Best Western Plus St. Simons is located within 4.8 mi (7.8 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star resort in St. Simons Island can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Sea Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Sea Island gets about 45.00 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F