Visiting Surfside Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Surfside Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its aquarium. A top sight in the area is Broadway at the Beach.
- You'll find 5008 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Myrtle Beach
- The closest major airport is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Surfside Beach
Favorite family attractions include Wild Water and Wheels and Waccatee Zoo. Surfing is a top activity, and Tupelo Bay Golf Center is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Grand Theatre and Hudson's Surfside Flea Market.
In Surfside Beach, there are 214 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Deercreek Townhomes - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sandpebble Beach Club - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this condo. This 2.5-star condo features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub.
- Country Club Villas - This 3-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Broadway at the Beach, located 9.2 mi (14.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Surfside Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Surfside Beach gets about 51.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F