Visitors can enjoy all that Stanley has to offer including its wineries. A top sight in the area is Luray Caverns.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Luray
- The closest major airport is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 30.3 mi (48.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 30.4 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stanley
A couple of favorite places to visit are Jordan Hollow Stables and Wisteria Farm and Vineyard. Additionally, you'll find Luray Caverns in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Stanley, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 55 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Wild Vines Log Cabin is 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from central Stanley. Located in Stanley, this farm house accommodation features a kitchen and a fireplace. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bathrooms.
- Hawksbill Retreat Cabin 9 Hot Tub, Mountain Views, Lake, Beautiful 45 Acre Luray is 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the center of Stanley. Located in Big Meadows, this chalet features a kitchen, a fireplace, and a patio. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Truly an Eagle's View is located 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of Stanley. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Harrisonburg can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Stanley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 42.24 inches of rain falls on Stanley each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F