Visiting Big Meadows
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Big Meadows, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views and restaurants. The scenic and vibrant setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Luray Caverns.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Big Meadows
- The closest major airport is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Big Meadows
The hiking trails and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Dark Hollow Falls and Rose River Falls. Additionally, you'll find Luray Caverns in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Big Meadows Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Big Meadows
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 42.24 inches of rain falls on Big Meadows each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F