Visitors to Tama are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, theme park, and hot springs. Around the area, top sights include Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo Tower, and Museum of Japanese Houses.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Tama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 54.1 mi (87.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tama
The city's natural beauty is on display at Haramine Park, Tama Central Park, and Sakuragaoka Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sanrio Puroland and Sakuragaoka Park.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tama - This 4-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Meiji Jingu Shrine, 14.9 mi/24 km from the heart of the city, and Tokyo Tower, which is 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away.
Getting Around Tama
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Tama is a breeze. Head over to Tama-Center Metro Station to catch metro. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Tama Nagayama Station, Tama-Center Station, or Odakyu tamacenter station.
Dressing for Tama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on Tama each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F