Visiting The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula
Families will find kid-friendly activities in The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and beaches. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its wineries, shopping, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Front Street and Grand Traverse Bay.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Grand Traverse Bay, Bryant Park, and Haserot Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Front Street is a favorite for retail therapy. Top activities include wine tasting and taking local tours, while Chateau Grand Traverse is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Cambria Hotel Traverse City - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Traverse City - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Traverse City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Torch Lake, located 12.3 mi (19.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which is 24.6 mi/39.6 km away.
Dressing for The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- The Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula gets about 33.11 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 16°F