Visiting Northern Lower Peninsula
Travelers to Northern Lower Peninsula give high marks for the lakeside setting, array of wineries, and shopping. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights in the city include Torch Lake, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and Torch Lake Park.
- There are 2237 hotels and other accommodations in Northern Lower Peninsula
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 52.8 mi (85 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northern Lower Peninsula
Cultural venues in the city include Grayling Fish Hatchery, Old Town Playhouse, and City Opera House. Attractions like Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark, Deer Ranch, and Gaylord Discovery Center are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Mackinac Bridge, Fort Mackinac, and Mission Point Lighthouse.
In Northern Lower Peninsula, there are 2237 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Torch Lake Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a marina, a private beach, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Horton Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Cartier Mansion Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Northern Lower Peninsula include Torch Lake, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, and Torch Lake Park.