Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tocumen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Around the area, top sights include Metropolitan Cathedral of Panama, Miraflores Locks, and Bridge of the Americas.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Tocumen
- The closest major airport is in Panama City (PTY-Tocumen Intl.), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Panama City (PAC-Marcos A. Gelabert Intl.), 14.3 mi (23 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tocumen
Metropolitan Cathedral of Panama, Miraflores Locks, and Bridge of the Americas are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Los Pueblos Commercial Center and Metromall Panama.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Panama Airport - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and pool.
Dressing for Tocumen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 92°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tocumen is 2.56 inches
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F