Visitors can enjoy all that Tripoli has to offer including the breweries, seaside, and university setting. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Tripoli
- The closest major airport is in Tripoli (MJI-Mitiga Intl.), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tripoli (TIP-Tripoli Intl.), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tripoli
The city is notable for landmarks like People's Palace, Algeria Square, and Karamanli Mosque. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Al Fateh University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Red Castle and Jamahiriya Museum.
As you book your getaway to Tripoli, you might not find the perfect place to stay in the city center, but below are lodging choices in the area.
- Corinthia Hotel Tripoli is located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of Tripoli. This hotel in Tripoli features a restaurant, free parking, and a health club.
- Four Points Sheraton Tripoli is 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the center of Tripoli. This hotel in Tripoli features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a health club.
Dressing for Tripoli
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- About 0.31 inches of rain falls on Tripoli each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 49°F