Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 28, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 23, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wakefield, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its art and shopping. Top sights around the area include National Coal Mining Museum, Temple Newsam House, and Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Wakefield
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Doncaster (DSA-Robin Hood), 24.2 mi (39 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wakefield
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include National Coal Mining Museum, Hepworth Wakefield, and Woolley Hall. The city is notable for landmarks like Wakefield Cathedral, Chantry Chapel of St Mary, and Sandal Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wakefield Museum and Wakefield Theatre Royal.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Wakefield. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wakefield Limes Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
- Holiday Inn Express Wakefield - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Waterton Park Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Temple Newsam House, 7.2 mi/11.6 km from the city center, and Townclose Hills Local Nature Reserve, which is 7.4 mi (12 km) away.
Getting Around Wakefield
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wakefield Westgate Station, Wakefield Kirkgate Station, or Sandal & Agbrigg Station. Wakefield may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wakefield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Wakefield each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Wakefield?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wakefield, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Wakefield?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Wakefield?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Wakefield?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Wakefield?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Wakefield?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Hepworth Wakefield?
What about the best place to stay near Nostell Priory?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Wakefield?
What's the best accommodation in Wakefield that's close to historical sites?
Recent reviews of Wakefield hotels
More trip options
- Wakefield Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Wakefield Airports
- Hotels near Popular Wakefield Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Wakefield
- More Hotel Options in Wakefield
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Wakefield, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends