Hidden in the trees in the best part of town, the James Bond Cottage welcomes you with fun and inviting vibes. In historic upscale Buena Vista, you're an easy 5-minutes to Wake Forest University, Downtown, Shops, Sights, Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods. Walk to the famous vintage Airstream for locally roasted coffee and to the gourmet bakery & wine bar. Enjoy outdoor dining under the enchanting patio at the fine dining restaurant next door. Explore tree-lined streets with grand homes built during Winston-Salem's tobacco heyday. You're close to fantastic cuisine, shopping, and many delightful experiences. And at the same time, tucked away and private. After a fun day, turn on the magical twinkle lights & get cozy in your private retreat with a cheeky nod to 007...
Laid-back luxuries make this hidden retreat precisely the kind of pad 007 would hang out in, that is, if he had secret spy biz in Winston-Salem, ha!
In the most posh neighborhood in our city, the cottage makes a bloody brilliant base in a highly desirable and safe area. Our area is buzzing with restaurants, shops, and sights. It's the perfect place to create magical memories and experience the authentic vibes of our city.
A comfy hangout to relax and connect with family and friends, for road-trip adventures, and naturally...Bond Girl Getaways.
Feel free to check in with Cara about available dates and monthly stay rates.***
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄: 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃
• You'll feel oh so comfy in this playful getaway celebrating one-of-a-kind pieces. With over 1200 square feet, there's room to spread out and relax with plenty of privacy.
• Sip your morning coffee or enjoy an afternoon Martini–shaken not stirred of course–in the English cottage-style courtyard surrounded by magical trees.
• Curl up on the comfy sofas, wrap up in a soft throw and settle in for movie night. Watch your favorite 007 films or discover a new one. From Connery to Craig, all 24 films are available for viewing on the Blu-ray disc collection.
• The large 55" Roku TV has cable with access to Netflix, Amazon Prime TV, Disney Plus, AppleTV+ & Hulu. You can play your favorite songs on YouTube...James Bond theme songs anyone? Cara's current fav...You know My Name by Chris Cornell ~ it's a wow!
• Unwind in the evening with a glass of wine in front of the inviting stone fireplace.
• The open-concept kitchen & den is a prime spot for laughter and conversations through the night.
• File your reports to M at the desk in 007's comfy and oh-so-sexy Italian leather office chair. The cottage has its own dedicated router & wi-fi.
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐒:
• With comfy queen beds, the 2 bedrooms are private with a long hallway separating each room. Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom, perfect for couples & friends traveling together. *BONUS* No drama over bathroom time!
• James Bond’s dapper suite is complete with sexy cheetah carpet and a handsome marble bathroom with a soaking tub and large walk-in shower.
• Miss Moneypenny’s serene boudoir looks out at the classic Southern magnolia tree and the private courtyard.
• In the den, the sofa sleeps 1 and a PVC-free air mattress is available upon request that sleeps 2.
• Dine outdoors at one of the great restaurants nearby, order tasty takeout or channel your inner Gordon Ramsay and cook up a storm in the cozy kitchen with a cool skylight.
• For coffee lovers, 007's coffee bar is set up with a Flex Brew coffee maker (brew a carafe or a K-cup), Bodum French press, electric coffee grinder & teapot.
• Outfitted with Cuisinart stainless steel cookware and a Lodge cast iron grill pan for easy indoor grilling on the stovetop.
𝐅𝐔𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐁𝐘...
• Walk to the award-winning gourmet bakery for scrumptious croissants, pastries and coffee. Pick up a bottle of wine at the adjoining wine bar & shop to enjoy on their deck or back at the cottage. Yes, please!
• Walk to our city's famous funky vintage Airstream for locally roasted coffee.
• Enjoy dinner or Sunday brunch on the covered patio at the gourmet restaurant next door, one of our city's finest.
• Stop by the homemade gelato shop for an afternoon pick-me-up or after-dinner treat (Dan totally recommends getting a pint to take back for a topper).
• Hit up one-of-a-kind bars nearby. Joymongers Barrel Hall crafts beer aged in oak barrels and has outdoor seating.
• Take a stroll along the tree-lined neighborhood & explore grand historic homes built during Winston-Salem's tobacco heyday.
• Spice up your day at The Porch Kitchen & Cantina for fresh & funky Tex-Mex fare. Sample their signature margarita flights. Featured on UNC-TV. They also have tasty take & bake meals to enjoy at the cottage.
• Find a chic top or fun piece of jewelry to take home at Rebecca & Co, a hip women's boutique. And then channel your inner Stevie Nicks and walk to The Boho Depot for some fun finds.
• Enjoy some tennis at historic Hanes Park. On request, we've got 2 rackets for you.
• Historic Reynolda Village is an easy 5-minute drive with boutique shops, restaurants, walking trails, and a formal garden. Check out Village Tavern for great food with outdoor dining, Theodore's for lunch and craft cocktails, Penny Path Crepe shop, May Way Dumplings, and Dough-Joe's for tasty made-to-order doughnuts & coffee.
• On Saturdays, Fair Share Organic Farm sets up a tent outside Bobby Boy Bakeshop with all kinds of seasonal goodies.
• Try the delicious cinnamon buns at Louie & Honey Bakery and then shop for home goods at Fiddle & Fig.
𝐇𝐈𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐘𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒...
• Love to hike? Hanging Rock and Pilot Mountain State Parks are great spots for hiking with that mountain feel. It's a beautiful scenic drive into the countryside from the cottage. Pick up some goodies at Bobby Boy Bakeshop for a picnic and then hit the road.
• Love vineyards? There are some stellar NC vineyards along the Yadkin Valley Wine Trail, each with a fabulous story. Exploring them makes for a fun afternoon. Ask Cara for her favorites.