Visitors to Zion are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and cafés. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zion
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Illinois Beach State Park. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Great America in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- The Inn at Market Square - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Zion
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Zion Station. Zion might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Zion
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- Average annual rainfall for Zion is 34.09 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F