Visitors to Grayslake are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and theme park. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grayslake
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lake County Fairgrounds, College of Lake County, and University Center of Lake County. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Great America in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Getting Around Grayslake
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Grayslake Station, Grayslake Washington Street Station, or Grayslake Prairie Crossing Station. Grayslake might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Grayslake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 16°F as the nighttime average
- About 34.09 inches of rain falls on Grayslake each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F