Visitors to Libertyville are sure to enjoy the sporting events, lakeside setting, and restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 13 mi (20.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Libertyville
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and MainStreet Libertyville is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Lambs Farm to your agenda.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Libertyville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Six Flags Great America, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Libertyville
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Libertyville Station. Libertyville may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Libertyville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Libertyville gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F