Visiting Zion National Park
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Zion National Park, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks and riverfront. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Zion National Park South Entrance and Zion National Park East Entrance.
- There are 351 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cedar City, UT (CDC-Cedar City Regional), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. George, UT (SGU), 32.3 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Zion National Park
The city is notable for landmarks like Big Bend Viewpont, The Grotto Picnic Area, and Canyon Junction. The hiking trails, parks, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Zion National Park South Entrance, Zion National Park East Entrance, and Emerald Pools are worth a visit. Camping is one of the top activities, while Canyon Overlook Trail, Riverside Walk, and Kayenta Trail are favorite sights to visit.
As you start planning your visit to Zion National Park, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 68 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Zion Lodge - Inside The Park is located 5 mi (8 km) from the heart of Zion National Park. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Springdale can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Wingate by Wyndham Hurricane/Zion National Park is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from central Zion National Park. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Hurricane can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham La Verkin-Gateway to Zion is 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the center of Zion National Park. This 2.5-star hotel in La Verkin features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Zion National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 13.66 inches of rain falls on Zion National Park each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 22°F