Visiting Addis Ababa
Visitors to Addis Ababa are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums, and live music. A top sight in the city is African Union Headquarters.
- There are 215 hotels and other accommodations in Addis Ababa
- The closest major airport is in Addis Ababa (ADD-Bole Intl.), 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Addis Ababa
The city's cultural venues include National Museum of Ethiopia and “Red Terror” Martyrs' Memorial Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Meskel Square, Medhane Alem Church, and Holy Trinity Cathedral. The picturesque setting of Sheger Park and Hora Lake Recreation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Addis Ababa, there are 215 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Marriott Executive Apartments Addis Ababa - This 5-star hotel in Kirkos features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Capital Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Bole features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kirkos can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Addis Ababa include African Union Headquarters.
Dressing for Addis Ababa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Addis Ababa gets about 51.40 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas December and November are often coldest, averaging 49°F