History buffs will enjoy exploring Auburn, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Placerville
- The closest major airport is in Marysville, CA (MYV-Yuba County), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 30.9 mi (49.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn
Cultural venues in the city include Superior Court Historic Courthouse, Joss House Museum, and Bernhard Museum Complex. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Historic Old Town Auburn. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Placer Nature Center and Meadow Vista Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Auburn. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Victorian - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Power's Mansion Inn - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and overall condition at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Auburn
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Auburn/Conheim Station. Auburn might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Auburn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 36.93 inches of rain falls on Auburn each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F