Visitors to Avalon are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. A top sight in the area is Cape May Lighthouse.
- You'll find 378 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cape May - Wildwood
- The closest major airport is in Cape May, NJ (WWD-Cape May County), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlantic City, NJ (ACY-Atlantic City Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avalon
Cape May Lighthouse is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Wetland's Institute and Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Avalon. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- ICONA Avalon - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia travelers love its room size and local sightseeing.
- Beachcomber Resort - Our customers love the quiet location and high-quality beds at this condo. With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Dressing for Avalon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 41.93 inches of rain falls on Avalon each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F