Visiting Rio Grande
Visitors to Rio Grande are sure to enjoy the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and gardens. A top sight in the area is Cape May Lighthouse.
- You'll find 378 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cape May - Wildwood
- The closest major airport is in Cape May, NJ (WWD-Cape May County), 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rio Grande
Cape May Lighthouse is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum and Cape May National Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Rio Grande. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Red Roof Inn Wildwood – Cape May/Rio Grande - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Prime Inn - With a stay at this 2-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Rio Grande - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Rio Grande
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Rio Grande is 41.93 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F