Visiting Lake Buena Vista
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Buena Vista, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its entertainment choices, live music, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Walt Disney World®, Epcot®, and Disney's Hollywood Studios®.
- You'll find 8934 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Buena Vista
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and La Nouba Theater is a local cultural venue. Families come for attractions such as Walt Disney World®, Epcot®, and Disney's Hollywood Studios®. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Disney Springs® is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Lake Buena Vista, you'll be able to select from 85 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando At Walt Disney World Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Disney's Beach Club Villas - Our customers love the spacious, clean rooms and comfortable beds at this condo resort. Guests who stay at this 4-star condo resort in Bay Lake can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a private beach, along with free WiFi.
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn - This 4-star resort in Bay Lake features a marina, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Other top sights in Lake Buena Vista include Magic Kingdom® Park and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Popular places to visit outside the city include SeaWorld® Orlando, located 6 mi (9.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Universal Studios Florida™, which is 7.7 mi (12.4 km) away.
Dressing for Lake Buena Vista
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 52.01 inches of rain falls on Lake Buena Vista each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 48°F