- 6 min walk
- Basel Natural History Museum
- 7 min walk
- 8 min walk
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-800-238-0767
About this area
Located in Basel, Sorell Hotel Merian is in the city center and near the airport. Rosentalanlage and Messeturm Basel are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Sankt Johanns-Park and Merian Park. Check out an event or a game at St. Jakobshalle, and consider making time for Basel Zoo, a top attraction not to be missed.Visit our Basel travel guide
- Marktplatz - 6 min walk
- Basel Natural History Museum - 7 min walk
- Munsterplatz - 8 min walk
- Congress Center Basel - 9 min walk
- Basler Muenster - 10 min walk
- Marktplatz Tram Stop - 5 min walk
- Basel Bad Station - 19 min walk
- Basel (BSL-EuroAirport) - 15 min drive
- Brasserie Cafe Spitz – Serves breakfast and lunch daily.
About this property
Sorell Hotel Merian
Food and drink
Renovations and closures
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CHF 20 per pet, per day
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CHF 50.0 per day.
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 4.00 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: CHF 28 per night
- Extended parking fee: CHF 28 per night
- Pet fee: CHF 20 per pet, per day
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 50.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Best Western Hotel Merian
- Sorell Hotel Merian Hotel
- Best Western Hotel Merian am Rhein Basel
- Best Western Merian am Rhein
- Best Western Merian am Rhein Basel
- Merian am Rhein
- Merian Hotel Basel
- Sorell Hotel Merian Basel
- Merian Basel
- Hotel Merian am Rhein Basel
- Sorell Hotel Merian Hotel Basel
- Merian am Rhein Basel
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
This was a good location to stay;- in the middle of the historical centres . The staff were very helpful , the room was good , the non alcohol items in the mini bar were free , and the included breakfast was great . We also received a free transit pass for our time in Basel.