Visiting Bay Shore
Visitors can enjoy all that Bay Shore has to offer including its beaches. Top sights around the area include Sky Zone and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Bay Shore
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bay Shore
The city's natural beauty is on display at Lighthouse Beach, Robert Moses Beach, and Ocean Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are YMCA Boulton Center for the Performing Arts and Touro College School of Health Sciences.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Bay Shore. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Travelodge by Wyndham Bay Shore Long Island - This 1.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and location.
- Bay Shore Inn - Amenities at this 1.5-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Sky Zone, located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, which is 17.8 mi (28.7 km) away.
Getting Around Bay Shore
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Bay Shore Station. Bay Shore might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bay Shore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bay Shore is 46.18 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F