Visitors can enjoy all that Islip has to offer including the art, university setting, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and gardens. A top sight in the area is Sky Zone.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Islip
- The closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 7.4 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Islip
Sky Zone is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Bay Shore Mini Golf and Fair Harbor Ferry Terminal in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Islip, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 50 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Cozy Islip Apartment - Close to Main St. & Ferry! is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the center of Islip. This 2.5-star hotel in East Norwich features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- New! Charming Islip Apt - Mins to Main St & Ferry! is located 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the heart of Islip. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hauppauge can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- New! Modern Islip Apt - Close to Ferry & Main St! is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from central Islip. This 3.5-star hotel in Holtsville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Getting Around Islip
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Islip Station. Islip might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Islip
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Average annual rainfall for Islip is 46.18 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F