Visitors can enjoy all that Berkley has to offer including the local tours and parks. Buttonwood Park Zoo, Kennedy Plaza, and Rhode Island State Capitol Building are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 190 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth, MA (PYM-Plymouth Municipal), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Berkley
A favorite place to visit in the city is Dighton Rock State Park. In the area, you'll also find Buttonwood Park Zoo and Kennedy Plaza.
As you plan your vacation to Berkley, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 18 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Omni Providence Hotel is 17.4 mi (28.1 km) from central Berkley. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Providence can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to the airport and room size.
- Radisson Hotel Providence Airport is 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the center of Berkley. This 3-star hotel in Warwick features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Extended Stay America Providence - East Providence is located 14 mi (22.5 km) from the heart of Berkley. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in East Providence can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Rhode Island State Capitol Building, 17.4 mi/28.1 km from the city center, and Roger Williams Park Zoo, which is 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away.
Dressing for Berkley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Berkley gets about 48.74 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F