Visiting Bowen Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Bowen Island has to offer including the waterfront, forests, and seafood restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Stanley Park, Granville Island Public Market, and Cypress Mountain.
- You'll find 523 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nanaimo, BC (ZNA-Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome), 29.2 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bowen Island
The picturesque setting of Crippen Park and Dorman Point exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bowen Island Historians Museum and Bowen Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Bowen Island. Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alderwood Cottage & Suite - Bowen Island - With a stay at this 2.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room refrigerator. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and nice bathrooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Stanley Park, 11.8 mi/19 km from the heart of the city, and Granville Island Public Market, which is 12.8 mi/20.6 km away.
Dressing for Bowen Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 1.57 inches of rain falls on Bowen Island each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F