History buffs will enjoy exploring Calistoga, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries, relaxing spas, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its hot springs. Top sights in the city include Old Faithful Geyser of California and Sterling Vineyards.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Calistoga
- The closest major airport is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Calistoga
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Palmer House. The hiking trails and hot springs highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Old Faithful Geyser of California, Calistoga Hot Springs, and Pioneer Park. Top activities include wine tasting and biking, while Sterling Vineyards, Vincent Arroyo Winery, and Close Pegase Winery are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Calistoga. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cottage Grove Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Aurora Park Cottages - Our customers love the overall value and walkable location at this cottage. This 3.5-star cottage features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Calistoga Ranch - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Petrified Forest, 3.6 mi/5.8 km from the city center, and V. Sattui, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Dressing for Calistoga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Calistoga gets about 40.43 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F