Visiting St. Helena
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in St. Helena, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, spas, and local tours. V. Sattui, Robert Mondavi Winery, and Sterling Vineyards are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in St. Helena
- The closest major airport is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Helena
Cultural venues in the city include The Christopher Hill Gallery, Christopher Hill Gallery, and I. Wolk Gallery. Top activities include wine tasting and taking local tours, while V. Sattui, Merryvale Vineyards, and Beringer Vineyard are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Robert Louis Stevenson Museum and Culinary Institute of America.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in St. Helena. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn at Salvestrin Winery - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Rancho Caymus Inn - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this inn. This 4.5-star inn features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Meadowood Napa Valley - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Robert Mondavi Winery, located 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the city center, and Sterling Vineyards, which is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) away.
Dressing for St. Helena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for St. Helena is 36.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F