Visitors can enjoy all that Rutherford has to offer including the wineries, local tours, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Robert Mondavi Winery, V. Sattui, and Quarryhill Botanical Garden are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 437 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rutherford
Favorite places to visit in the city include Beaulieu Vineyard, Round Pond Estate, and Rubicon Estate. In the area, you'll also find Robert Mondavi Winery and V. Sattui.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Rancho Caymus Inn - This 4.5-star inn features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Quarryhill Botanical Garden, located 7.9 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Jack London State Historic Park, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Rutherford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 36.14 inches of rain falls on Rutherford each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F