Visiting Cape May
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Cape May, which is also known for its local tours. A top sight in the city is Cape May Lighthouse.
- You'll find 373 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cape May - Wildwood
- The closest major airport is in Cape May, NJ (WWD-Cape May County), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape May
Cultural venues in the city include Cape May Stage Professional Equity Theater, Easy Lynne Theater Company, and Cape May Stage. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Poverty Beach, South Cape May Meadows, and Cape May Point State Park. Taking local tours is just one of the top activities, while Cape Island Marina and Cape May Terminal are sights to visit.
In Cape May, there are 96 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Harrison - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- ICONA Cape May - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Cape May include Cape May Lighthouse.
Dressing for Cape May
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Cape May gets about 41.93 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F