Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chilliwack, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, world-class hot springs, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and culturally-rich setting. A top sight in the city is Cultus Lake Waterpark.
- There are 107 hotels and other accommodations in Chilliwack
- The closest major airport is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bellingham, WA (BLI-Bellingham Intl.), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chilliwack
Cultural venues in the city include Canwest Art Gallery, Ranger Station Art Gallery, and Chilliwack Museum and Historical Society. Families come for attractions such as Cultus Lake Waterpark, Cultus Lake Park, and Bridal Falls Waterpark. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Gur Sikh Temple, Othello Tunnels, and Kilby Historic Site and Museum.
In Chilliwack, you'll find 107 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mt. Woodside Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Evergreen Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the quiet location and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Lodge on Harrison Lake - With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Mount Baker Ski Area, located 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Mount Baker, which is 27.3 mi (44 km) away.
Getting Around Chilliwack
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Agassiz Station or Mission City Station. Chilliwack might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chilliwack
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Chilliwack is 1.65 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 31°F