Visiting Coon Rapids
Visitors to Coon Rapids are sure to enjoy the shopping, sporting events, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and cafés. Target Field, Target Center, and Mill Ruins Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 541 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Minneapolis - St. Paul
- The closest major airport is in St. Paul, MN (STP-St. Paul Downtown), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 20.7 mi (33.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coon Rapids
A favorite place to visit in the city is Bunker Beach Water Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Target Field and Target Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Coon Rapids. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis/Coon Rapids/Blaine - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Baymont by Wyndham Coon Rapids - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Mill Ruins Park, located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the city center, and Basilica of Saint Mary, which is 14 mi (22.6 km) away.
Getting Around Coon Rapids
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Coon Rapids - Riverdale Station. Coon Rapids might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Coon Rapids
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 8°F
- About 32.05 inches of rain falls on Coon Rapids each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F