History buffs will enjoy exploring Cusco, and visitors give high marks for the local tours and shopping. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its cathedral, museums, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Plaza de Armas and Cusco Cathedral.
- There are 926 hotels and other accommodations in Cusco
- The closest major airport is in Cusco (CUZ-Alejandro Velasco Astete Intl.), 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cusco
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Inca Museum, Cusco Museum of Popular Art, and Museum of Religious Art. Attractions like Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary and Planetarium Cusco are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Plaza de Armas, Cusco Cathedral, and National University of Saint Anthony the Abbot in Cuzco.
In Cusco, you'll find 926 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ureta Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- El Retablo - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Cusco Historic Center features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a café.
- Antigua Casona San Blas - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cusco Historic Center can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Cusco
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cusco Wanchaq Station or San Pedro Station. Cusco might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Cusco
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Cusco gets about 28.77 inches of rain per year
- October and December are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F