Families will find kid-friendly activities in Davis, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, cafés, and entertainment choices. Golden1Center, Sacramento Zoo, and California State Capitol are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 232 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sacramento
- The closest major airport is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Davis
Families come for attractions such as Rocknasium, UC Davis Arboretum, and U.C. Davis Campus Recreation Pool. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Davis Farmers Market and University Mall. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include U.C. Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences - Mark Hall and University of California Davis.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Davis. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place UC Davis - Our customers like the bar and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Golden1Center, located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center, and Sacramento Zoo, which is 12.6 mi/20.3 km away.
Getting Around Davis
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Davis Station. Davis might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Davis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Davis gets about 15.43 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 40°F