Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vacaville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and cafés. Top sights around the area include Travis Air Force Base and Jelly Belly Factory.
- You'll find 70 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fairfield
- The closest major airport is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 26 mi (41.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vacaville
The city's cultural venues include Brenden Vacaville 16 and Vacaville Museum. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Nut Tree Plaza and Vacaville Premium Outlets. In the area, you'll also find Travis Air Force Base and Jelly Belly Factory.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Vacaville. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vacaville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Vacaville - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Robert Mondavi Winery, located 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Vacaville
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Fairfield/Vacaville Station. Vacaville may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Vacaville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 39°F at night
- Vacaville gets about 25.67 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 40°F