Visitors to Carmichael are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Golden1Center, Fort Sutter State Historical Park, and California State Capitol.
- There are 213 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carmichael
A favorite place to visit in the city is American River Parkway. In the area, you'll also find Golden1Center and Fort Sutter State Historical Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Carmichael, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 121 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova - Sacramento is located within 3.2 mi (5.1 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Rancho Cordova can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Rancho Cordova can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and room size.
Top places to visit around the area include California State Capitol, located 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Sacramento Zoo, which is 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away.
Dressing for Carmichael
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Carmichael gets about 19.84 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F