Visiting Edisto Island
Visitors to Edisto Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 248 hotels and other accommodations in Edisto Island
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.), 27.2 mi (43.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Edisto Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Edisto Beach State Park and Botany Bay Plantation. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Plantation Course at Edisto is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Edisto Island Museum and Edisto Island Serpentarium.
In Edisto Island, you'll find 248 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Edisto Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Edisto Island gets about 47.95 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F