Visiting Saint Helena Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Saint Helena Island has to offer including the cathedral, architecture, and waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside setting.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Beaufort
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 42 mi (67.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint Helena Island
Notable city landmarks like Chapel of Ease and Fort Fremont might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Penn Center to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Saint Helena Island. This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn St. Helena - Beaufort South - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Saint Helena Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Saint Helena Island gets about 47.95 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F